Jacaranda runs field trips that go by the name of, “Social Pedagogy in Action” which offer managers, academics and practitioners alike the chance to:
- Engage in dialogue with professionals from statutory services, providers of pedagogic services as well as academics and students of Social Pedagogy
- Visit a variety of services, for example: professional fostering, residential child care for children and young people, day care services and mother & child placements
- Enjoy professional and social time together with other participants who are engaged in developing Social Pedagogy in their organisations
- Meet Social Pedagogue trainers who have trained UK workforces and worked in Social Pedagogic settings in their home-countries
- Take part in an experiential tour of the host city, led by Social Pedagogues. This includes group-forming activity for all participants and reflection.
- Structured reflection on the experience, facilitated by Jacaranda staff.
“Everyone made us feel very welcome, it was a thoroughly well organized and useful experience.” Operations Manager, Derbyshire County Council
“Their pragmatic, solution focused approach and flexibility in terms of the provision of services was impressive. It motivated me to want to know more about structures in Germany and what more we can learn from them.”
Service Director, Quarriers.