Jacaranda provides work-based social pedagogy learning and development in a variety of formats. Some examples are:
- 6, 8 or 10 days staff team or group training
- Crossfields Institute Level 3 Diploma in Social Pedagogy
- 1 day introductory workshops
- Large-scale awareness-raising events
- Workshops for managers
- Courses for change-agents
- Momentum projects and Keep in Touch days
- Mentoring and one-to-one support
- Our training is accredited at Level 4 by the University of West of England.
All facilitators are qualified social pedagogues and UK work-experienced.
Some of our projects include:
- Derbyshire County Council. See this excellent, short video to see and hear from practitioners and young people. Read the Derby University report here. Ofsted reported:
”… social pedagogy has resulted in reductions in the need for restraint and a reduction in the numbers of children missing education. It has also been effective in improving staff morale and reducing sickness levels.”
- Suffolk County Council, children’s centres and children’s homes. Please contact us for the University of Edinburgh evaluation of our Early Adopters programme with Suffolk.
- The Fostering Network’s Head, Heart, Hands programme with the London Borough of Hackney and Surrey County Council
- Ongoing development with Surrey County Council, building capacity and sustainabilty
- London Borough of Brent
- Lincolnshire County Council
Jacaranda training participants have said:
“Social Pedagogy really is life changing
All the things we do, its rearranging,
Challenging beliefs and things we’ve always done
And realising the barriers really are none”
“We’ve changed our support plans and reviews to reflect Social Pedagogy practice”
“Best training I’ve ever done, although I was nervous at the beginning. Glad to be part of it.”
“The balance between the theory and the practical was spot on”.
“Brilliant, one of the most useful and enjoyable training sessions ever.”
Contact us to find out more, speak to referees and for indicative pricing